ABOUT THE GALLERY
Starting out in a small mall location in 1986, their business grew to include two locations: Candalaria Gallery in South Salem and Creekside Gallery in Keizer. In 1996, the galleries were consolidated and moved to downtown Salem, next to the historic Elsinore Theater, from which the current gallery gets it’s name. The gallery remained at that location for 12 years.
The new store features 4,000 square feet of display and framing space with:
- A new, expanded design center.
- A Show Gallery featuring monthly exhibits.
- An ever-changing display gallery featuring prints and original artwork.
- The largest selection of custom framing products in the Salem area.
- Specialty framing including Fabric artwork, Shadowbox design, and Conservation design.
- Custom Ready-made Frame Center with over 200 quality wood frames.
- The gallery also features one of the most productive frame shops in the Northwest.
- New carpeting, paint & trim.
- A newly expanded Frame It Fast readymade frame center.
- Updated lighting and signage for the gallery.
- A NEW Featured Artist Showcase gallery display
We have a great staff of designers and framers here at the gallery. Here’s just little bit about our team…
Laura started working at the gallery about 9 years ago and has proven herself to be not only a great framer but also, a talented designer. Her attention to detail and high standard of quality insures the best results for all your framing projects.
Steve Narkaus, President
Steve is a native Oregonian who’s commitment to the Salem business community has been recognized by many of his colleagues and fellow businessmen. He opened the gallery with his wife Barb in 1986 and has been involved in all aspects of the business through the years. He has officially retired from the day to day operations of the gallery although remains as a consultant and part owner. Steve’s hours are spent mostly on Corporate Art accounts but he still manages to cut and build frames for the gallery.
Although Barb teaches art at North Salem High School, she is very involved in the gallery both in working with clients and helping with special projects in the frame shop. She consults on shows and exhibits and has her featured gallery on the premises with her golf and landscape paintings.
Brent has been in the art and framing field since 1990 and has managed two long-standing art and frame galleries in his career. His degree in Music(Art minor), and his interest in the history of art and music, have helped him fine tune his skills in both art consultation and design.
In addition to scheduling all of the gallery shows and artists, he also cuts most of the mats and works in the frame shop along with Steve and Laura. He has taken the lead in the day to day operations of the gallery including social media/website maintenance and general gallery design.